Monday 3 March 2014

(DA) With the best of intentions

I joined Duelling Amateurs with the idea that by writing every day, my writing would eventually improve. But I'm noticing that although I post something every day I've had a very sudden drop in my creative writing. 

I enjoy how much I have been able to post on ALTERNATE SCREEN, and some blog posts that differ from my regular "Here's what's cooking today" posts, but I have barely written more than a few pages in my novel. 

Duelling Amateurs was supposed to help me write everyday, and build up my confidence to post and share my work but instead I've been focusing so heavily on coming up with topics for my daily writing that I haven`t made time for creative writing. 

I thought Duelling Amateurs would help me power through writing my novel, but so far it's the opposite. Now that I'm aware of it, I'll make a conscious effort to change it. 

I can still write every day, but I'll also be posting updates about my creative works. 

-Brandolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment