Saturday 8 March 2014

(DA) Take a deep breath

Today I got to experience a rare thing: a good day.

I had enjoyed a few positive experiences in the previous days:
-watching my sister in-law's last play of her final year of her undergrad
-a positive end of session class at the Professional Actor's Lab
-A lovely night of wine, cheese and good company with two of our closest friends

So today I woke up without an alarm (a joy in itself), went to work and met some lovely ladies tending booths for International Women's Day, watch some young kids dance their hearts out during a presentation of Grease, and then hoped in a car to drive up to a family birthday celebration.

The day started with the positive memories from the days prior, and was full of smiles, laughs and good family. We are currently celebrating 7 birthdays, and there were 7 cakes, dozens of cup cakes, 2 pies and jello. I dare you not to enjoy yourself when you are surrounded by that much desert and family you don't get to see as much as you'd like.

Today's post is titled "Take a deep breath" because I often have to remind myself to appreciate these moments as they happen. They are so precious, and it doesn't take long to appreciate them. By reminding myself to take a deep breath, I force myself to take a quick moment, breath it in, then as I let the air out I rejoin the world fulfilled in the joys around me.

-Brandolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment