Monday 24 March 2014

(DA) Paragraph by paragraph

Last night I was able to push though a blockade I've had with my novel "Guardian of the Forgotten".

I've been frustrated lately because I'm focusing so hard on my Duelling Amateurs posts that I feel I've been neglecting my books. I know the writing I'm doing is helping my craft in the long run, but it doesn't feel the same.

So last night I sat down and told myself I wouldn't sleep until I wrote another sentence. I spent a long time staring at my computer, and an even longer time starting sentences, then hitting backspace to erase it again, until I eventually had one sentence that I really liked. That sentence turned in to 2, then 3, then a full paragraph, and another.

It wasn't a 'productive' night where I wrote pages and pages of work, but I felt more accomplished and productive writing those 2 paragraphs last night, than I have with my book in a long time.

Hooray for little accomplishments!

-Brandolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment