Monday 10 March 2014

(DA) Be a "Reacher"

Reach for the stars. Strive for greatness. Don't settle for mediocrity.

I've heard these phrases hundreds of times, so why doesn't everyone take them to heart?
I have recently made a conscious decision to be the best version of myself I can be. I'm exercising regularly, eating well, in the pursuit of my dreams and goals and living my life as fully as I can.

I have goals to learn new things, manage my activities better, cook more of my own meals, read even more books (not just fiction), complete one of my novels in the next year, become more of a financial provider for my family and run a 5K, 10K, mini triathlon and Spartan.

What else could I ask of myself?

Every day I come up with another goal or dream; raise $1000 for MS research, travel to Europe and climb a mountain, to name a few others. But I'm choosing which ones are tangible right now. I can learn new things every day; whether it's by reading a new book or learning a new skill at work. Raising money for MS research will take time, travelling to Europe will require some savings and climbing a mountain will take a lot of training (much more than the training for a run or mini triathlon).

What are the things you are doing to make sure you are a "reacher"? Are you in the pursuit of recognition for your hard work at the office?
Are you changing your routine to include more exercise? A better diet? more time with the family? Better financial decisions?

What are you striving for and how are you getting there?

-Brandolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment