Sunday 25 May 2014

(DA) Spoilers

Yesterday I had the ending of my favourite show's season finale spoiled for me. 

 I really watch very few shows, the Big Bang Theory, New Girl, Doctor Who , Rookie Blue and Castle. 

If you tell me something about The Big Bang Theory or New Girl and spoil something that happens in an episode I might be disappointed, but I'd laugh along with it. I watch these shows for the fun of it. 

If you spoil something in Doctor Who I'd disappointed but run home to see it happen and unfold in front of my eyes. 

But Rookie Blue and Castle are a different story. I am very invested in these two shows and a spoiler can be devastating. For example, yesterday I accidentally found out the ending of my favourite show. I don;t have cable so had to wait to watch it. I was a couple episodes behind when I had the end of the season ruined for me. It was no one;s fault and an accident but it broke me. I actually broke down into uncontrollable sobs, unable to fully understand the information that had been given to me. 

Spoilers are horrible, heartbreaking and mean more to some people than others. 

Apparently when it comes to Castle or Rookie Blue, spoilers really affect me. I knew I was invested in the show, but I was surprised at my reaction. 

-Brandolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment