Tuesday 6 May 2014

(DA) Productive Procrastination

It's shocking that I can spend an hour in Petsmart ultimately to ask 1 question about a bone (and be productively training my dog during it) and yet I can also spend 5+ hours a day procrastinating.

A productive hour for 1 question, and 5 hours for nothing. What's the difference?

I would rather spend 5 hours a day writing than avoiding work, but I often find myself sitting down to a task only to remember 4 other ones I should complete first. Now, some people wouldn't consider putting off writing to do dishes or laundry or vacuum or get groceries 'procrastinating'. These are tasks that have to get done. But by doing them I'm still avoiding the task I want to do. I consider it "productive procrastination".


Eventually I'll get my plans under control enough to be able to do it all.

-Brandolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment