Tuesday 29 July 2014

(DA) The Struggles

What do you do when you're characters just don't want to be written on to paper?

I have a story I'm working on that is not coming together. I can see it all play out in my head like a movie- but that doesn't work on paper. I've tried and the continuity just isn't there. (Maybe that's why some book to film adaptations fall so short of expectations)

I've got a couple versions plotted out but none of them get me as excited as the 'movie' version in my head.

So what do you do?

I keep trying.

4 days of effort, and still barely a paragraph of good writing to show for it. But that 1 good paragraph is WAY better than the sentence I had yesterday, and the word I had before.

Just keep trying. Keep writing.

-Brandolyn

1 comment:

  1. Could you maybe write the story as a movie script/screenplay? If that's how you're seeing it in your head, maybe that's the way it needs to be written.

    ReplyDelete