Saturday 26 July 2014

(DA) Hauntingly Beautiful

There are many things that I would classify as 'haunting' and many things I would classify as 'beautiful' but 'hauntingly beautiful' is a new descriptor for me; or at least, if I've ever used it before, now I actually know what it means.

Today I heard a singer who's voice will haunt my best dreams. His voice was rough and smooth at the same time and gave me chills as I listened to him sing. I had goosebumps popping up on my arms as he serenaded the auditorium; the cello and double bass complimenting his voice just enough to compliment, but not enough to overwhelm.

Hauntingly Beautiful. Later, I described this man's voice and music like the thin layer of fog that hovers over a perfectly calm lake in the early hours of an autumn morning.

Haunting, and yet so beautiful I will never be the same again for witnessing it.

-Brandolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment