Saturday 5 July 2014

(DA) A sort of addiction

Most people can relate to feelings of addiction, whether it's a caffeine addiction, alcohol, tobacco, drugs, fast food, corny movies or sugary treats, we all know the pull, but today I realized one of my addictions- my friends. 

About a month ago, maybe a little longer, my best friend moved. She's less than an hour drive from my place, but I haven't seen her new place until today. That's far too long in between meetings, and at the end of the night I didn't want to leave. I felt like a child. I wanted to go limp as a rag doll and have be dragged from the house, because I wanted more time together. 

It's incredibly refreshing to be with her. We get each other; actually the whole group we had together is amazing. We all fit together, our weirdness compliments each other's and our nerdy-ness encourages everyone else to be as unique and 'themselves' as possible. Today was a lot of fun with a group of my favourite people. 

Maybe it's the social aspect that I'm craving. Maybe it's the feeling of having so many loved ones surround me. Maybe it's a release and acceptance of my weirdness that I'm not getting at work. Maybe it's a complete change of pace. 

Whatever it was, I'm still craving it. I would relive today over and over. 

Except, I'd like to avoid all the chips I ate today... I'm definitely not craving those. 

-Brandolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment