Saturday 26 April 2014

(DA) I'm Lazy

I'm lazy, but I'm pretty sure that's good for my ego.

I know it sounds weird but I went to a work out class the other day and didn't even realize until I got home that I hadn't shaved my legs in a couple weeks (enter: "I'm lazy"). I laughed at myself when I realized this, but it didn't go any further into self-deprecation than "I wonder what the other ladies thought of my hairy legs? Hahaha!"

I never realized how focused people are on their looks (even if other people can't see it) until I heard a girl in University say "Oh, I shave my legs every morning! Even if I'm wearing jeans." or "I can't bear to leave the house without makeup." I realized then that I didn't have that kind of dedication to my appearance; some days I barely comb my hair before I leave the house.

Don't get me wrong, I shower, brush my teeth and put on deodorant before I go out, but some days I'm perfectly content not to wear any make up, or even bother to colour co-ordinate my clothes. Some days I like to get dressed up, or spend more time on my appearance, but the days that I don't do not affect my feeling of self worth.

I am confident enough in myself that I can leave the house without make up, or blow drying my hair. I can go for a run without shaving my legs and I can wear a silly hat or costume out in public and feel perfectly comfortable with myself.

I'm lazy, I'm silly, I'm a bit odd,
and I love it.

-Brandolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment