Friday 8 August 2014

(DA) Waiting

I do most things on the fly. I decide my plans at the last minute and hope/ wish/ and will them to unfold well.

GISHWHES has had me much more structured than I am used to, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't struggling with it.

I would usually look at a list of tasks and accomplish them in the order than appeals to me, or as I am inspired, but this week I've had to plan out "when to be inspired" and "what items will inspire me", which is counter intuitive.

I've had quite a learning curve this week and actually, it's forced me to be creative, which I've complain ed about recently. I wrote a post about forgetting how to draw, and yet this week I've drawn a beautiful Elephant, painted a bird house, sketched a fight between two metamorphic animals and sketched a zombie. I haven't been this creative with my pencils in MONTHS! And yet, having a goal and drawing criteria has helped me see that I still have my drawing skills, I'm just as indecisive as ever.

-Brandolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment