Saturday 23 August 2014

(DA) Midnight Inspiration

It's sad to acknowledge that when I'm lying in bed unable to think because too many thoughts are running through my head that I try to write my story and immediately fall straight to sleep.

That's not a good sign.

What's comforting about that is that I know it's not that the story is boring that I fall asleep, but that the story is so easy to drift into. (That's a very good sign.)

I've been stuck on a continuity error and unable to fix it for the better part of a month, and last night in the final moment before unconsciousness took hold of me completely, I solved it.

I wasn't awake enough to tell myself to wake up and write it down. So naturally, I had forgotten that I had fixed it until driving home from the dog park at 7:30pm today. Then it hit me "I solved it!" But I couldn't remember how.

It took a lot of effort, but I finally followed the trail of my scattered brain and remembered how I strung the sequence of events together effectively and interestingly. And I'm thrilled!

I can't wait to keep writing!

-Brandolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment