Saturday 16 August 2014

(DA) Unfortunate Events

Unfortunate events are sometimes the most memorable.

When things don't go according to plan, the result is often better or more special. Today was the annual 2000 person outdoor paintball tournament, and it rained almost the entire day. It was miserable! Masks were fogging up so badly you couldn't tell the difference between a pile of logs and a person, paintball guns stopped working and you were soaked to the bone and shaking.

You could see your breath it was so cold!

It was terrible, and yet, somehow my friends and I had an amazing time.

We traded gear when it wasn't working, we lead each other around, and called out targets for our fog blinded comrades, we laughed over just how wet the situation was and how poorly we were prepared for it.

We came together as a team, we played hard, and we made some kills/ moves/ memories that we will never forget because of the torrential downpour.

Instead of cursing mother nature (as some of the players did) I chose to smile about how wonderful my friends are, and how greatly I can rely on their help, assistance and friendship, even when we're all overwhelmed by miserable circumstances.

Rogue Squadron, I love you guys! Thanks for helping me through the rain!

-Brandolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment