Friday 1 August 2014

(DA) Precious Moment

Today, while walking my dog Washburn, I accidentally interrupted the most precious moment I have ever had the pleasure of witnessing. 

A woman was on her driveway with her; I assume it was her husband, and he wasn't moving while sitting in a reclining mobility chair. He looked like he was in a lot of pain, not moving, and I got the overwhelming sense that he was in the process of dying. 

As I walked by, I saw them out of the corner of my eye and looked up, shining my brightest, friendly neighbour smile and said "hi!" as I walked by. It wasn't until after I had said "hi" that I saw how much pain the man was in and realized that he was dying. But the man wasn't the part that hit me the most. It was that the woman was caressing his head so dearly and tenderly with all the love and care in the world just for this man and in her moment of tenderness and love, she took time to say "hi" back. 

I felt so rude for interrupting and taking some of her precious time away from her husband but to witness them in this moment was beautiful and really puts everything into perspective.

-Brandolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment