Tuesday 12 August 2014

(DA) So impressed

Sometimes I get impressed by our dog.

He's nearly 2 and we've spent a lot of time training him, but there are some things he does that just shock me.

When I start to change and get ready for work or after he has eaten, Washburn will go and curl up in his crate.

That's not a trick I taught him, but a habit he has learned from repetition and routine. There isn't much about his life that has a routine; he eats at roughly the same times or at least same intervals and gets between 2 and 5 walks a day. But the one thing that's consistent is that I am wearing PJs when I don't work, and real clothes when I'm leaving, so Washburn has learned that when I go to my closet, it's bed time for him.

He amazes me. He's perceptive and smart and I couldn't be happier with the way his training is going.

-Brandolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment