Sunday 31 August 2014

(DA) Labour Day

Every year of my life (except maybe the year I first went to University) my family and I have gone up to the same cottage for the long weekend. We are 30+ people; friends as close as family, 3 generations deep.

Sometimes it's cold, sometimes it's so hot we can't bear to be out of the lake. But without fail it's always a weekend full of sport, bizarre competition and contagious laughter.

Today I found out that my first weekend up here with the gang was when I was 2 months old.

My parents; and their generation, always tell stories about when they were the kids, and now, their kids have grown up and we almost aren't the kids anymore.

The walls of this cottage holds so many memories and so many stories. I know the tradition of coming together over the long weekend will continue for generations to come.

-Brandolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment