Wednesday 3 December 2014

(DA) Winter Dog Walks

It's hard to motivate yourself to take the dog out for a walk when it's -10, but that's the sacrifice of owning a dog.

Sure the walks are not always as long as in warmer weather, and maybe I bat my eyelashes at Jason to walk the dog instead, but the dog gets out.

Yesterday I stood at the dog park (coffee in hand thanks to my lovely friend Jen!) and we watched our dogs run around, as we froze for 2 hours. But the dogs needed it, and LOVED it. Totally worth it.

I also have a trick I use on super cold days: I take Washburn to Petsmart, or another pet friendly store and do laps of the store and work on obedience training. It's challenging, mentally stimulating and warm!

If you have a pet, even on cold days you have to do your best to meet the needs of your furry friend.

-Brandolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment