Sunday 7 December 2014

(DA) Scatter Brained

One of my faults as a writer is that I don't carry the same journal with me everywhere. I have several journals I'm writing in at any given time, with bits and pieces from various stories side by side on the pages.

It makes for some very messy notes, and makes it very hard to find bits of writing when I'm looking for them.

Today I was working on piecing together a chapter that was split between the pages of 4 different journals! And it was only recently that I'd discovered a particular part of the chapter was hiding in earlier pages of one of the journals.

Sometimes I get fed up with how complicated it is to piece everything together. I love writing initially, but I hate taking the journal writings and converting them to a soft copy on my computer. It's so complicated sometimes.

Here's what my work space looked like today.


Eventually I hope to be organized enough to have 1 journal for each story. The trick will be knowing what story I'll be inspired to write that day!

-Brandolyn


No comments:

Post a Comment