Tuesday 2 December 2014

(DA) Small World

I had the pleasure of serving two lovely ladies at the restaurant today; a senior mother and her grown daughter.

I greeted them politely, and introduced myself. When I said my name the older woman looked at me and asked, "You're not a (insert last name here), are you?"

I looked at her in shock. She looked somewhat familiar, but not familiar enough that I thought I knew her. "I am!" I said. And then she started to tear up.

"You are the spitting image of your grandmother!" And then I wrapped her in a big hug and we got properly introduced.

Apparently, she and my paternal grandmother had grown up on the same street not too far away from the restaurant.

It was a lot of chit chat. Apparently my grandmother and I share a lot of mannerism!

I feel so blessed to work jobs that help me meet such nice and amazing people.

-Brandolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment