Friday 26 December 2014

(DA) Christmas(es)

I see that many people have been posting to social media about all the items they've received over the Holidays and how Happy they are, and although I'm thrilled with my gifts (I have a long list of reading to get through!) I cannot help but remember the excitement I've felt seeing family and friends!

I've seen cousins that are visiting from across the country, and from the States. I've been able to play Billiards with my Grandfather; where we beat my parents, gone bowling with aunts/uncles/cousins/parents/grandparents, gone to the movies with cousins and aunts and uncle, I've been part of preparing many meals (I love Holiday kitchen chatter), friends from out of town visited with their baby, local friends dropped by for quick hugs, I played my first video game in YEARS (NHL15 and beat my Dad~!), I've played games with cousins, Sports with family, and been so social that my 10:00pm I'm completely exhausted! And been able to share in all the joy of the season with my lovely man. And we have more family stuff to look forward to in the next few days.

Forget the tree, the turkey and the presents, the PEOPLE are what Christmas is all about.

-Brandolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment