Saturday 13 December 2014

(DA) Holidays and Shifts

As the Christmas Holidays draw nearer the restaurant is getting busier and busier. I'm proud to say that I am getting more and more shifts and longer and longer shifts, which is in reality a blessing and a curse; but mostly a blessing. I didn't realize hoe different working at a restaurant would be from all my previous work, but there is absolutely no down time. So by the end of a shift, I've walked 20,000 steps and dealt with dozens of families (tomorrow is a party of 30 and a party of 11, PLUS whoever else comes into the restaurant for lunch) and I'm beat.

I've learned so much and have so much more to learn. I really, REALLY admire outstanding serving staff now, because I know just how much work goes into that job.

-Brandolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment