Saturday 25 October 2014

(DA) Motivation

How can I be so motivated at work? I don't sit for a second, even if it's quiet I look for something to do. But the moment I get home, small tasks like laundry feel overwhelming and get put off in favour of procrastination.

It's because I've built up the habit.

I don't deny that I like to unwind after work with a bit of TV or computer time, but I let that bit of TV turn into a habit of too much TV.

Instead of getting home, unwinding and then getting back to life, I get home, unwind, and spend the rest of the night in a constant state of 'unwinded'.

I'm going to make an effort to break this habit. Maybe I won't be good every day, but I'd like to break the habit so that when I spend a lot of time in front of the TV it's a conscious choice, instead of habitual action.

-Brandolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment