Wednesday 22 October 2014

(DA) Helping Others

I can barely focus on writing today.

One of my staff confided in me that she's been harassed at the bus stop after leaving work lately. When she told me this, a big, scary monster inside myself was set free and I started 'mamma bear-ing'.

I listened to her story, supported her, and told her I would do whatever I could to avoid this happening to her again. I've offered her rides home, and informed the other supervisors at work of the situation.

After she had calmed down (and was thrilled for my concern and compassion) I called the police tip line with the information she gave me. Unfortunately they couldn't use 3rd party information and when I told my staff member, she said she'd call them herself.

Today, I was able to help someone find the courage to call the police themselves and write a report.

What she told me was: This could be happening to someone else, and I could help stop it.

So proud!

I feel like a warm and fuzzy mamma bear rage monster (it's a very confusing time for me)

-Brandolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment