Monday 27 October 2014

(DA) Be Proud

Every day I beam and dance around happily when I find out a new stranger has favourited my writing.

Then, when I go to tell someone how proud and happy I am that someone likes my work I get very shy when I admit that it is my FanFiction that's getting all the attention. Why do I feel like this writing is less worthy of praise? Why do I feel embarrassed to admit that my FanFictions are well received and have a dedicated following? Why can't I see it as. just more of my writing? It's not special, other than someone else came up with the world and I writing stories in it. 

I have so much confidence when I think of my FanFictions, and yet, when I think of my novels I often fall on self doubt. I think that I'll never get published. Or that people won't like the story, or that it won't be as good as I think it should be. 

But why do I think this? I already know that people love my writing style. Obviously everything I write isn't perfect, or even good, but there are people who like it when I put a lot of effort into my writing. There are people who LOVE my stories. There are strangers reaching out to me, begging me to write more. 

So why can't I be proud of my stories, and believe that there will be people who will love my novels just as much. if not more, than my FanFictions? I spend more time and effort on my novels, so it makes sense that it should be better received. 

Have confidence. Be proud. 

-Brandy

No comments:

Post a Comment