Wednesday 8 October 2014

(DA) Consistency

When I was little my life had consistency.  Bed time, school, gymnastics on Thursdays,  homework rules, TV rules and visits to my grandparents' every weekend.

It was easy. I imagine it was probably tough on my parents, but I thought it was easy.

Then high school hit and my life was less predictable. Team projects, spare classes, swimming competitions, skiing competitions, plays/rehearsals, work. But some things stayed the same: homework rules, TV rules and visits to the grandparents' on weekends.

Somehow University,  with all its work and complexities got closer to consistent. Same roommates, same neighbours, same teachers, same kind of courses.

Once University finished all semblance of consistency in my life faded. New jobs, new houses, new neighbours, new responsibilities.

Nothing feels consistent, except that this past year I have had the pleasure of falling asleep beside my best friend.

My jobs and hours change daily. My responsibilities change all the time. My expectations for myself change too. The only thing that has stayed consistent is Jason. He grounds me, he empowers me, he drives me, he pushes me and he stays by my side.

I am so blessed to have him in my life.

-Brandolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment