Sunday 19 October 2014

(DA) Boardgames

I love games.

I love sports. I love games. I love card games and board games. The only games I'm not crazy about are computer games. But board games are GREAT! Jason and I have a linen closet full of different board games and our collection is a small portion of some of our friends' collections. And recently one of our friends got a a job at a board game cafe as a "Game Guru".

Yes. Game Guru is a real job. And for this job he has a HUGE list of games he has to learn and memorize so he can teach the games to customers at the cafe. Fortunately he already owned a LOT of the games on the list; so understood how to play them very well, but there were a few he still needed to try. So we spent the afternoon  at a rival Games Coffee shop and played a wonderful board game called "The Lords of Waterdeep". It's a game with lots of pieces, lots of rules, designed by the makers of Dungeons and Dragons, and WE LOVED IT.

It was a very fun afternoon in a shop that had wall to wall shelves of games. There were 5 different kinds of 'The Game of Life" on one wall!

Overwhelmingly exciting for a fan of board games.

-Brandolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment