Tuesday 16 September 2014

(DA) Snipit

A sneak peek at part of the intro to my latest Sherlock story. Sherlock is married, and it's completely ridiculous. In this exerpt, Sherlock's wife; Brianna, is talking to John's wife; Mary, about why their husbands didn't come home the night before.

“Are you worried?” Brianna’s chiming voice asked over the phone. “Because they probably just got wrapped up in a case and forgot that we exist.” She trailed off realizing Mary might not understand. “I mean, I’ve startled Sherlock a few times. He’s come in, sat in his favourite chair and jumped sky high when I enter the room. Sometimes he looks at me for a moment before he recognizes me.” She laughed as if she was telling a joke, but the story sounded too real.
“He’s actually forgotten you?” Mary asked. Brianna sounded natural but Mary was scandalized on her behalf.

“Why do you think I painted the “Your wife lives here” painting I hung by the door to our flat?” 

-Brandolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment