Thursday 11 September 2014

(DA) 13th Anniversary of 9/11

I can still remember the hushed and panicked voices of my teachers at school as they tried to hide the very real tragedy that hit New York in 2001 then the World Trade Centres were hit.

I remember lots of kids being picked up from school early and not knowing why.

I remember coming home and seeing my mother in front of the television, tears in her eyes as she watched the smoke billowing from the buildings, and then the roar when they crashed to the ground. I remember the screams, I remember the tears and I remember wondering what horrible movie could she possibly be watching. I couldn't fathom that anything that terrible could possibly be real.

I remember it sinking in.

I remember thinking of the individuals and the families affected by it.

I remember crying.

I cried for the lost lives. I cried for the unknown reason why? I cried for humanity. I cried because the world I knew, my world, had just become dark, scary and full of hatred.

Today people remember.

-Brandolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment