Sunday 8 June 2014

(DA) Spartan: The Day After

It's amazing how during something so physically exhausting as the Spartan Sprint, you can feel so good. 

Leading up to the race I was sick and didn't run or train at all for a week. I was worried I wouldn't do as well as I wanted to in the race, or feel too sick to complete it, but the opposite was true. Out in the heat and the sun I felt amazing! The running forced me to breath well and I felt the best I had all week. 

Today when I woke up all my cold symptoms returned. Stuffy head, sinus pain, cough, headaches, sore throat etc, and then compound those symptoms with the increasing stiffness in my muscles from the race. Every time I sneeze my body tightens so much I feel like my muscles are as big and tight as a body builder!

The euphoria and excitement of running and completing the race is still there, but now that the muscle stiffness has started to set in (opening doors hurts too) it's getting harder and harder to convince others of how much fun I had. 

They see my muddy pictures, my bruises, cut and bloody knees and rope burns and wonder "Why?"

And I answer them, "Because now I don't have to wonder 'if' I can, and will never regret having not tried it." 

 (WATCH THE VIDEO HERE) I don't think I made it in to any of the video, but the footage in the link is what I ran yesterday. 

-Brandolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment