Thursday 12 June 2014

(DA) Enjoy the good things

It's easy to lose track of the positive things in your life.

Today I must have been in a good place because for all the plans I had made, things didn't go as planned and I didn't lose my smile. I had planned to spend the evening with a highschool friend. We were planning to get home from work, meet up and head to the theatre. Instead, I forgot my phone at home when I went to work and had no way to tell her I might be running late (I don't have her number memorized), then when I get home I find out her mother has the car and isn't home yet- she was my ride. So, instead of getting upset that her mother has errands to run and has deviated from her regular schedule, we planned to go to another theatre and see a later screening.

As it was we were still late, and the movie had begun before we got there, but we got great seats at a theatre where the tickets are cheaper and thoroughly enjoyed the movie- I will review X-MEN DAYS OF FUTURE PAST soon- How could we be upset when we were just happy to get out of the house and see each other, enjoy a film, and laugh heartily together.

Look at the people you surround yourself with. The good ones keep your spirits up no matter what, the bad ones just drag you down. Keep the good ones around! Smiles and laughter are always better than a frown. Simple things they have done for me, bought me and memories they have shared with me make me smile and feel loved. I cherish my friends, more than they will ever know.

-Brandolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment