Saturday 7 June 2014

(DA) I AM SPARTAN!

I completed the Spartan Sprint today. It was held at Brimacombe Ski Resort in Oshawa.

We were never told how long the race was but my guess is 5-7KM with 20+ obstacles on the course.

It was a new experience and I couldn't have done some of the obstacles without the assistance of my fellow racers, but wow, what a rush! It turns out, I'm much more fit than I thought I was. I went up and down that mountain several times, carrying weights, climbing walls, jumping obstacles, climbing obstacles, crawling through mud, under mesh and barbed wire, crawling through ice, and by the end of the race I just wanted to line up and do it all again.

My teammates were so tired, and I felt like I had done something wrong because I felt alright afterwards. But this sort of race isn't a sprint, as much as it says so in the same, this is an endurance 'event'. You finish the race sunburned, covered in sweat and mud, with cuts, bruises and rope burns you didn't even know you had.

I loved it. I would love to do it again. I look forward to next year.

SPARTAN SPRINT 2014--- 7(ish)KM    20+ obstacles: 1hr 46 min

-Brandolyn



No comments:

Post a Comment