Saturday 14 June 2014

(DA) Celebrating Life

Today I got to celebrate my best friend's sister's baby shower. 2 years ago I got together with the same group of ladies and celebrated her bridal shower, and now she's glowing even more brightly as a mom-to-be than she was as she was about to be married; all laughter and smiles.

I feel so blessed to have shared in her bridal shower, her wedding and now her baby shower. This is an amazing couple who come from two incredible families and I know this child will be surrounded by so much love throughout it's life.

I've heard people complain about baby showers, saying "it's just a party because people want presents" but I think that is far off base. We deal with heart break and devastation on a daily basis across the world: wars, famine, floods, disease, shootings, robberies, you name it. There's so much negativity in the world that something so beautiful as growing your family deserves to be celebrated.

A baby shower is not about 'gifts', a baby shower is about celebration and congratulations for a new family and a new life.

-Brandolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment