Friday 28 February 2014

(DA) Learn to roll

Lately at work and in my every day life I've been witnessing people take on stress over events that are out of their control. Some of these events were avoidable, which is where all the stress and frustration comes from, but after they happen I watch people as they try to continue their day but still hold on to their problems.

Today it seemed like everyone else at the office woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Tempers were high before we came in, then when events didn't go according to plan the tension got so bad it was almost tangible.

My mantra for the day was simply "roll with it" or "sometimes you just have to roll with the punches". Events change, things happen and if you can get over the inconvenience and continue to the next task every thing will go a lot smoother and your attitude will be a little better.

I know I let things get to me but today I decided to be the example and showed my co-workers how to roll with it. I was in a very good mood all day, and by the end of the work day a couple others had gotten over a few of the hurdles we had faced.

It's a skill and a talent to learn to let things go and work with what you have, but I think it's a skill worth acquiring.

-Brandolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment