Friday 21 February 2014

(DA) Focus

I often find myself wishing for "more". 

I don't need a new car or a bigger house. The things I wish for are; more time, more ideas, more creativity, more skills...

If I'm a writer, shouldn't I be able to write about anything? 

Well, yes. But I could also spend my time going bigger, deeper and truer with the ideas that I already have.

I struggle with content. Tonight for example; I could write another movie review, or the half finished blog I started about hobbies, or the other half finished one about laughing every day. My biggest problem is focusing, not coming up with ideas. 

I have 7 novels and all of them are partly written because I get distracted and jump story to story, blog to blog. It's like a tangled web of ideas. If I don't write something down I'll lose it, and sometimes ideas hit me all at the same time like a barrage of kids ganging up on me at Laser Quest. 

Right now, all I wish is to have more focus, so I can sit down and write something start to finish. Or more time to write down all my ideas. Or more time with my husband. 

Or cake. 

What was I saying about focus? 

Mmmm. Definitely more cake. 

-Brandoly

No comments:

Post a Comment