Saturday 7 February 2015

(DA) Service Industry

I never actually realized that none of my friends have ever been servers or bartenders.

I feel like that's weird. But then I think back to High School and I was one of the few who were employed.

Now that I've graduated University, I expected to be working a fancy job in my field, not waiting tables. Regardless of my expectations, I am really enjoying my experiences so far in the service industry. My biggest struggle is that I have no one who can relate to my stories, or who can give me tips and tricks from years of experience.

Until tonight.

Jason and I had dinner with friends of his from his post-grad, and Jason ended up being the only one at the table who wasn't currently, (and had never been) a server; although he has worked for a fast food joint.

I felt completely understood at this table when I was explaining my stressors, challenges and perceived weaknesses.

I felt like a weight was lifted off of my shoulders when they nodded along with my stories and gave me advice about how to handle situations in the future. Apparently I am NOT the only person who is afraid of spilling a drink on a guest!

-Brandolyn


No comments:

Post a Comment