Wednesday 11 February 2015

(DA) Finish Line

Tonight  complete a challenge I set one year ago.
Tonight I complete a goal.

Tonight I cross the finish line.

Duelling Amateurs started February 11th 2014, between myself, my husband Jason and our friend Alex. We wanted to improve our writing and by spending time every day for a year,  have definitely accomplished that goal.

I don't think any of us actually posted every single day this past year; I know I had some late posts and missed a couple days all together, but my personal goal was to write every day, not to post every day, and I can comfortably say that I had a pen in my hand, and wrote something every single day for the last 365 days.

I have learned a lot about my own writing style; what is comfortable, what is challenging, what I like to write about, but I'm actually surprised that what I feel I got most out of the challenge was about my fellow writers. I learned so much more about them, how their minds work, and their approach to challenges and conflict. I learned how they express themselves and how they learn and develop.

To Jason and Alex: I struggled many times this year to keep going and to stay focused on why we were doing this, and you both inspired and helped me to keep going. It was an absolute pleasure and I am so grateful to have taken this journey of learning and discovery with you both.

I am blessed to have you two in my life.



Here's to the next adventure!

-Brandolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment