Monday 9 February 2015

(DA) Fairy Tales

I have always had a fondness for Fairy Tales.

I love Disney movies, and stories about princesses and evil witches.

I even wrote a story/ play when I was in grade school that combined every Fairy Tale I could think of.

And when I was young, there was a show called "The 10th Kingdom" that aired an hour at a time on Sunday evenings, and my sister and I would wait all weekend for it to come on. (I still love that show.) We would sit in our grandparent's living room, cuddled on the couch with a warm blanket and one or two of the cats and watch. The 10th Kingdom was a unique show that combined traditional Fairy Tales and unique story elements to create a SUPER FAIRY TALE.

And recently, ABC has created a show called 'ONCE Upon a Time'. Which is very similar in the way that it brings Fairy Tales to the real world and develops wonderfully imaginative story lines for them. An added bonus for me is that on top of being a great show, ONCE has one of the best musical scores on television.

When I'm writing I often have the ONCE scores playing in the background.

THIS is a personal favourite.

And today it seems to be inspiring me to get past the Writer's Block I was struggling with yesterday.

-Brandolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment