Monday 12 January 2015

(DA) W.A.C Challenge 'Dots'

I am the administrator of a group on Facebook dedicated to challenging artistic souls that are struggling to find time for visual arts in their lives.

I set challenges every other week on the Weekly Art Club (W.A.C) and recently I got quite a surprise. One of the members; a girl I went to University with, challenged the rest of the group before I could. She challenged us to create a drawing only using dots.

It was one of the toughest things I have ever done. I spent over 5 hours working on my piece, and was thrilled with it when it was complete.

You can see a slight pencil outline sketch

about 3 hours in

At this point all I saw were dots when I closed my eyes

Highlights and shadows! All done with dots, 5.5 hours of work. It's Kili, one of the Dwarves from The Hobbit. 


-Brandolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment