Monday 5 January 2015

(DA) I may have missed my calling...

I've always been interested in working in film or theatre, which works out nicely that I work in a theatre and work costuming for large productions. But my sister in law keeps telling me to watch the behind the scenes footage from The Hobbit Trilogy, so I finally did.

I cannot use enough descriptive words to explain how mesmerising it was. It really made me want to take some prosthetic classes, to learn more about the art.

But deep down I know that as cool as it would be to make the prosthetics, I really want to be the one to wear them. Watching these videos, I realized how badly I'd love to have been dressed up as one of those Dwarves. (It's silly, but I don't even want to be an Elf, Elves are cool, but the Dwarves have prosthetics that make their hands bigger- they're like 'hand gloves'. Yeah. I want that.)

And now I have some really cool ideas for next year's Halloween costume :)

-Brandolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment