Monday 3 November 2014

(DA) Symbols

I have many different symbols that reappear in the stories I tell. Some are small, like the recurrence of different kinds of leaves, some are bigger like flames and fire and guiding lights. But the most common, or obvious symbol I write about is 'Feathers'.

Feathers are the most common symbol I use, and the closest to my heart. Feathers for me represent purity, freedom, strength, agility and gentleness. It is such a predominant symbol for me that it has escaped my writing and also become a symbol for myself outside of my fantasy worlds.

Feathers cover my journals, scarves, jewelry, shirts, hats and socks. If you look closely, I'm often trailing something adorned with feathers.

I believe the fascination started in High school when I discovered that my Great Grandmother is my Guardian Angel. -I don't care if you believe in Guardian Angels or not. But this happened around the time that I started writing and has inspired me ever since.

-Brandolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment