Thursday 27 November 2014

(DA) Excerpt

I know I posted my latest work on my FanFiction 'Snipits' several days ago, but I cannot get over the start of the piece. I write these Fictions as the show is written and spoken, ie: with British-isms. It's a wonderful challenge to write British-isms, without having ever lived in the UK. Most of my experience comes from friends or TV. And when I feel like I've actually accomplished coherent and passably authentic British-isms, I can't help but be proud and excited!


Sherlock and Brianna’s personalities are so different it’s easy to believe that compromise is a big part of their relationship- despite the fact that John would say “He doesn’t know how to compromise. It’s one of the many things he’s deleted over the years.”

One of the couple’s many compromises is about ‘going for coffee’.

Brianna loves coffee shops. She likes her coffee full of decadent flavours and topped with whipping cream. She likes chatting in booths or at little café tables under colourful patio umbrellas, but Sherlock doesn’t. Sherlock cannot sit still very long surrounded by people; not to mention surrounded by people gossiping or staring at him awkwardly over his picture in the paper. And when Sherlock is bored or unhappy, he’s miserable to be around.


Since they cannot agree to get coffee at a café, Brianna and Sherlock compromise by going into a café, taking their drinks in take-away cups, and enjoying the warm beverages as they wander the streets and parks of London. 

-Brandolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment