Sunday 9 November 2014

(DA) Marvel


I never read comic books as a kid but I still idolized their heroes. I prefer Superman over Batman, and the Flash over Green Lantern. I love The Avengers over the Fantastic Four. I like Iron man over Spiderman, and laugh when Aquaman is brought up.

There's always been a rivalry between Marvel and DC, and having never read the comic books I judge them based off of their movie franchises. And I love the Marvel franchise that has been gracing the Big Screen for the past several years. Absolutely love it.

Iron man
Thor
Captain America
Iron man 2
The Avengers
Iron man 3
Thor: the Dark World
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Guardians of the Galaxy

These were all created by Marvel Studios. There are more movies based in Marvel's Universe such as X-Men, the Fantastic Four and Spiderman, but Marvel studios perfects these movies so much that I cannot help but watch them over and over and over again,

That is, with the exception of the Hulk, and Captain America.

The Hulk is predictable because no one can get through those movies. But Captain America?

I can;t narrow down why I don't enjoy those two movies. I cannot remember anything about the first movie, and barely made it through the second without getting bored and turning it off.

I really like Captain America in the Avengers, but in his own movies, something is seriously lacking, and I wish I knew what it was.

He's attractive, and skilled with his heart in the right place. He's a people's hero, he should be my favourite super hero, but I can't re-watch his films.

The only thing that I did notice was that the musical score in 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' was not high on my list of favourites, actually I barely noticed it at all; except when it was out of place.

Marvel usually has me on the edge of my seat in anticipation and excitement. I was so tense throughout 'Guardians of the Galaxy' that my hand had a hard time straightening from a fist when I left the theatre.

-Brandolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment