Wednesday 29 February 2012

Heaven has Gained a New Angel

I am deeply saddened to say that this morning a beautiful life left the world and was taken up to heaven.

The one and only Mrs. MW, lost her battle with cancer this morning. She was a fighter and fought the disease with every fiber of her being for much longer than I can imagine.

Although we were not related by blood, I considered, and will always consider her one of my grandmothers. She had an uncanny ability to change the temperature of a room, just by walking into it. Her smile was always bright and her laugh was utterly infectious. I will honestly miss it.

MW was a woman that I consider to be true, genuine and real. She was herself, and there was no pretending about it. She was a passionate woman who loved her husband, three children, children in law, grandchildren and even "pseudo" family members, like myself, completely. She would have done anything for them.

She was a wonderful cook, a classy hostess and a brilliant mind.

Never during her battle with cancer did I see her stop thinking of others. She still cared for everyone around her;
Even during rough patches, and after chemo, she would show her support for her family.

I will be eternally grateful for everything she did for me, all the bright words of wisdom she passed on, and every moment we were able to share.

Right now, as my hands slip over my tear filled keyboard, I can only imagine how her loss is being felt by those who knew her better than I.
To her family, and friends I say,
We will miss her always, she was eternally bright and kind, and that sort of warmth never leaves us. Although her spirit has left this world, her laughter will stay with us.

Mary, I love you. You are terribly missed.

Heaven has gained a beautiful Angel.

-Brandolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment