Monday 13 July 2015

(DA) Mudderella

"Life begins just outside of your comfort zone" was written on the back of the shirt of another team racing in Mudderella this past weekend and "You never know your strength until it's tested" was posted at the end of the race.

I found these sentences rang very true.

It's a thrilling feeling to challenge your body, and an even better feeling to challenge your body and come out on top. Every time I step over the starting line of any race my heart thumps, adrenaline pumps and a beast inside is released. "The Beast" is the part of me that loves wind in my hair, thrives on self growth and who lives for a challenge.

My Beast Mode is most common during physical competition; paintball, racing etc. but when it hits I feel like a completely different person; mostly instincts, confidence and guts.

There is a part of me that wishes that my Beast Mode would engage in other aspects of my life, maybe not the instincts only part, but the confidence and guts part for sure. But I'm working on it.

As for the race itself, my favourite part was racing with my mother and sister. I have done this kind of race and obstacle course before and it took a bit of convincing to get them to agree to do it with me. I was nervous that they might not enjoy the experience as much as I do, and was thrilled when I realized I was wrong. They loved it and are looking forward to challenging themselves next year.

-Brandolyn

No comments:

Post a Comment