Monday 27 August 2012

Sorry for the Hiatus

As the title suggests I'd like to appologize to my followers for my prolonged hiatus.

I have been in the midst of an internal struggle trying to choose where to focus most of my energy.
I had to choose between writing (which will one day hopefully be my fulltime job) and my current job working at a Play House.
Sadly working at the Play House won. I chose to focus on the job that is currently making me money (silly of me? Perhaps,) but that is not to say that I haven't been working on my craft at all this summer.

Over the past few months I have had the opportunity to read a few books that have been sitting on my dresser waiting for me to put my pen down. I missed the smell of old books. I missed the feel of old brittle pages as I delicately turn the page anxious to get to the next paragraph, but most of all, I miss the euphoria of being lost in someone else's story.
It's second nature to fall into my own stories, I know them so well that I can picture everything in the surroundings, even if I haven't mentioned it in the book (I'm working on that), but to be lost in someone else's world is a gift. From a writer's perspective it's interesting as well to see how other authors develop their worlds so thoroughly.

I haven't been blogging, but I assure you I did not stop writing. Anyone with something they are itching to share knows that you never stop thinking about it, and over the summer I cannot begin to explain how my current trilogy has developed.
My Trilogy has matured into something that I know I love, but I hardly recognize as the stories I started with.

I am very proud of my progress and look forward to sharing more of my creative journey with you!

Thanks for hanging around!

-Brandolyn

G-18,020
TToA- 89,415
TDotRQ-37,276

No comments:

Post a Comment